- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The major gateway to New Mexico is Albuquerque International Sunport, a well-designed and attractive facility that's just 5 mi southeast of Downtown and just 3 mi south of UNM/Nob Hill. There's a free ABQ Rapid Ride bus shuttle service on weekdays from the airport to Downtown's Alvarado Transportation Center, where you can connect with Rail Runner service. 505/244-7700. www.cabq.gov/airport.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines