- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
If you're only visiting for a couple of days and not planning to explore beyond Old Town, Downtown, Nob Hill, and Uptown, the city's public bus system is a practical if somewhat slow-going option. The ABQ Rapid Ride Red Line service plies the Central Avenue corridor and runs until about 9 pm Monday through Saturday and until 6 pm Sunday. The service is extended until about 2:30 am on Friday and Saturday nights June through September. Rapid Ride also has a Blue Line that runs from UNM to the West Side, and a Green Line that can get you from Downtown into Northeast Heights. You can obtain a customized trip plan at the city's public bus service, ABQ Ride.
The Alvarado Transportation Center Downtown is Rapid Ride's central hub and offers direct connections to the NM Rail Runner train service north to Santa Fe (via Bernalillo) and to the South Valley suburbs. Buses accept bicycles, although space is limited. Service is free on the Downtown Circulator shuttle route (available only on weekdays), or if you are transferring (to any route) from the Rail Runner; otherwise, the fare is $1 (bills or coins, exact change only; 25¢ transfers may be requested on boarding). Bus stops are well marked.
ABQ Rapid Ride. 505/243-7433. www.cabq.gov/transit.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $43.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Albuquerque Hotwire
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Albuquerque Fr $86+/Nt Expedia
- Super Sale! 3 Nts Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport + Air Fr $397 Travelocity
- $9.00 & up : Full Size rentals in Albuquerque Hotwire
- $53.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Albuquerque — $53 Hotwire