- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Cimarron Rose Bed & Breakfast
At a Glance
- each accommodation is a suite (including a complete kitchen) with private entry, and a private patio
- daily rates decrease for stays over two nights
- guests heat up their precooked breakfasts in their rooms
- not all pets allowed and an extra fee is charged if accepted
Cimarron Rose Bed & Breakfast Review
Rustic Southwestern comfort is the specialty of the house at this B&B on 20 ponderosa-pine-laden acres. Proprietor Sheri McWethy has created a "green" inn, with natural-fiber sheets, no perfumes or dyes in the cleaning products, absolutely no smoking allowed in rooms or anywhere on-site, and a conscientious approach to water use. But Cimarron is lush with amenities and atmosphere, from the discreet private patios and paths winding around the inspired gardens to the detail that makes each suite distinctive and cozy—this is a place you could hole up in and spend your days just wandering the grounds or hiking the nearby trails, or simply dipping into the B&B's library. Full breakfasts are delivered to your door each morning—banana-blue-corn pancakes (with real maple syrup) and Mexican hot chocolate are favorites—and special dietary requests are accommodated with notice. Day packs and picnic baskets are supplied for those wanting to explore the area. Reservations are required.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save in Gallup: Book 3 Nts in May at Econo Lodge Fr $68+/Nt Expedia
- Save in Gallup: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $59+/Nt Expedia
- $16.95 & up : Compact rentals in Farmington Hotwire
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Gallup Fr $50+/Nt — $50 Save with Expedia, $8/night less
- $14.95 & up : Economy rentals in Farmington — $15 Hotwire
We are almost a wk in to our 30th home exchange, this time Santa Fe, New Mexico.
It's a trip that was planned about six months ago, with the written agreement, we would each drive to our home exchangers' Read more
4 days in a row both computers offered to guests would not function properly.
Hotel under renovation, but was not told this when I made the reservation. Was told during check-in. Daily use of jackhammers, Read more
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine.... Read more
As you twitch in anticipation of the final installment of Breaking Bad, take a trip through the turbule... Read more
The Four Seasons will take over at Santa Fe's Encantado Resort.... Read more