- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Compound Review
Chef Mark Kiffin has transformed this gracious, folk-art-filled old restaurant into one of the state's culinary darlings. No longer white-glove formal, it's still a fancy place, thanks to decor by famed designer Alexander Girard and a highly attentive staff, but it maintains an easygoing, distinctly Santa Fe feel. From chef Kiffin's oft-changing menu, devoted to ingredients based on those introduced to the area by the Spanish, consider a starter of warm flan of summer sweet corn, with lobster succotash and radish sprouts. Memorable entrées include Alaskan halibut with orange lentils, summer squash, and piquillo peppers in a smoked ham hock broth; and buttermilk roast chicken with creamed fresh spinach and foie gras pan gravy. The extensive and carefully chosen wine list will please the most discerning oenophile. Lunch is as delightful as dinner, while considerably less expensive—about $14 per person.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book in Santa Fe: Save this May Fr $125+/Nt Expedia
- $97.00 & up : 4-star hotels in Santa Fe Hotwire
- $26.71 & up : Midsize rentals in Santa Fe Hotwire
- Visit Santa Fe for Less: Hotels Fr $55+/Nt — $55 Travelocity
- $23.57 & up : Economy rentals in Santa Fe — $24 Hotwire
We are almost a wk in to our 30th home exchange, this time Santa Fe, New Mexico.
It's a trip that was planned about six months ago, with the written agreement, we would each drive to our home exchangers' Read more
4 days in a row both computers offered to guests would not function properly.
Hotel under renovation, but was not told this when I made the reservation. Was told during check-in. Daily use of jackhammers, Read more
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine. ... Read more
As you twitch in anticipation of the final installment of Breaking Bad, take a trip through the turbule... Read more
The Four Seasons will take over at Santa Fe's Encantado Resort.... Read more