- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Aqua Santa Review
Brian Knox, the charming, gregarious chef at the helm of this locals' favorite, is a devotee of the Slow Food philosophy. His love and appreciation of food is palpable; some of the finest, simplest, yet most sophisticated dishes in town come from the open kitchen in this tiny, one-room gem of a restaurant. The creamy plastered walls of the intimate dining room are hung with art from local artists, and the ramada-covered patio open in summer feels like dining at a chic friend's house. Diners enjoy dishes like the fabulously tangy Caesar salad, panfried oysters with bitter honey and a balsamic reduction, Tuscan bean soup with white-truffle oil, and braised organic New Mexico lamb with olives and summer squash. Brian can be spotted shopping around town for fresh, local ingredients, and the menu changes regularly based on his gastronomic discoveries. Save room for dessert; the silky panna cotta (Italian custard) may be the best on the continent. There's an extensive, reasonable wine list, too; ask the friendly staff for their current favorites.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $212.00 & up : 4.5-star hotels in Santa Fe Hotwire
- Save in Santa Fe: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $472+/Nt Expedia
- $29.57 & up : Full Size rentals in Santa Fe Hotwire
- $104.00 & up : 4-star hotels in Santa Fe — $104 Hotwire
- $19.99 & up : Compact rentals in Santa Fe — $20 Hotwire
We are almost a wk in to our 30th home exchange, this time Santa Fe, New Mexico.
It's a trip that was planned about six months ago, with the written agreement, we would each drive to our home exchangers' Read more
4 days in a row both computers offered to guests would not function properly.
Hotel under renovation, but was not told this when I made the reservation. Was told during check-in. Daily use of jackhammers, Read more
· News & Features
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine.... Read more
As you twitch in anticipation of the final installment of Breaking Bad, take a trip through the turbule... Read more
The Four Seasons will take over at Santa Fe's Encantado Resort.... Read more