- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Inn of the Mountain Gods
At a Glance
- luxury and a great staff
- lingering smell of cigarette smoke in the public areas
- if you don't like the casino scene, even at the high end, this is probably not the place for you
Check Rates from our Partners
Inn of the Mountain Gods Review
There is nothing run-of-the-mill about this beautifully designed hotel and resort. The luxurious rooms and common areas are decorated with contemporary Southwestern flourishes and nods to the inn's Mescalero Apache ownership. Stunning bronze crown dancer sculptures are found at the entrance to the resort, which includes a 38,000-square-foot casino with 1,000 slot machines. The views here are stunning; many windows overlook a serene lake and (in winter) the nearby snow-crusted mountain peak of Sierra Blanca. Big-game hunts, a championship golf course, guided fishing trips, wedding facilities, excellent food; it's all here. This resort is more Aspen in feel than southeastern New Mexico—with all the graciousness and none of the pretense.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book in Ruidoso: Save this May Fr $164+/Nt Save with Expedia, $16/night less
- May deal: Swiss Chalet Inn Ruidoso Fr $126+/Nt Expedia
- $31.99 & up : Full Size rentals in Alamogordo Hotwire
- May deal: Comfort Inn - Midtown Fr $209+/Nt — $209 Expedia
- $19.99 & up : Economy rentals in Alamogordo — $20 Hotwire
We are almost a wk in to our 30th home exchange, this time Santa Fe, New Mexico.
It's a trip that was planned about six months ago, with the written agreement, we would each drive to our home exchangers' Read more
4 days in a row both computers offered to guests would not function properly.
Hotel under renovation, but was not told this when I made the reservation. Was told during check-in. Daily use of jackhammers, Read more
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine.... Read more
As you twitch in anticipation of the final installment of Breaking Bad, take a trip through the turbule... Read more
The Four Seasons will take over at Santa Fe's Encantado Resort.... Read more