Southwestern New Mexico Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Calling southwestern New Mexico a borderland may seem a bit obvious, but it is one in the broadest possible sense. The proximity of Mexico is inescapable as you travel through the region, but so is the delightful blend of the people whose cultures have met and mingled in this area since long before there was a border. Southwestern New Mexico is a trove of diversity, from the scenery, to the people and their cultures, to the food.
Whether they're historic lodgings or chain hotels, you'll find many of the accommodations in this part of the state incorporate Spanish influences in their...read more
The cost of a meal in this area is extremely reasonable, although the food options are limited compared to what you'll find farther north. There are a couple...read more
Things To Do in Southwestern New Mexico
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- May deal: Springhill Suites Las Cruces Fr $115+/Nt Expedia
- $54.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Las Cruces Hotwire
- May deal: Comfort Suites Fr $100+/Nt — $100 Expedia
- Special deal: 3-Star BEST WESTERN Mission Inn Fr $88+/Nt — $88 Save with Expedia, $8/night less
- Las Cruces Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $122+/Nt — $122 Expedia
Mineral soak. Immersing yourself in hot mineral water is an absolute delight, and between the healing waters in Truth or Consequences and the... Read more
Spaceport America. It may be hard to imagine as you gaze into the infinite blue of New Mexico's southern sky, but someday soon those wispy contrails... Read more
Symbols of Catholicism seem to be a hallmark of New Mexico, and visitors seek out adobe churches to photograph, and colorful religious icons... Read more
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine.... Read more
As you twitch in anticipation of the final installment of Breaking Bad, take a trip through the turbule... Read more
The Four Seasons will take over at Santa Fe's Encantado Resort.... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Now64° F Clear 15% Humidity May 23, 2013 at 8:55AM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We are almost a wk in to our 30th home exchange, this time Santa Fe, New Mexico.
It's a trip that was planned about six months ago, with the written agreement, we would each drive to our home exchangers' Read more
4 days in a row both computers offered to guests would not function properly.
Hotel under renovation, but was not told this when I made the reservation. Was told during check-in. Daily use of jackhammers, Read more
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more