- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Wild West Weaving
Wild West Weaving Review
Hosana Eilert, the proprietor of Wild West Weaving learned her craft in Chimayó, with the masters of the Rio Grande weaving style, the Trujillos of Centinela Traditional Arts. Eilert's skills are comparable but her special sense of color and design are hers alone. She uses mostly natural dyes and handspun wool for her work, which may be used either as tapestry or rug. Her small, inviting shop on a Downtown side street also carries a well-edited line of local contemporary artisans' work: Susan Porter/Dancing Threads scarves and shawls, Rita Sherwood's found-art altars, Trina Kaiser's beaded jewelry, and woven goods from La Cooperativa de la Frontera de Palomas y Columbus.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $54.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Las Cruces Hotwire
- Las Cruces Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $136+/Nt Expedia
- Small budget: Stay in Las Cruces this May Fr $85+/Nt — $85 Expedia
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Cruces Organ Mountain in May: $87 & Up — $87 Expedia
- Save in Las Cruces: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $93+/Nt — $93 Expedia
We are almost a wk in to our 30th home exchange, this time Santa Fe, New Mexico.
It's a trip that was planned about six months ago, with the written agreement, we would each drive to our home exchangers' Read more
4 days in a row both computers offered to guests would not function properly.
Hotel under renovation, but was not told this when I made the reservation. Was told during check-in. Daily use of jackhammers, Read more
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine.... Read more
As you twitch in anticipation of the final installment of Breaking Bad, take a trip through the turbule... Read more
The Four Seasons will take over at Santa Fe's Encantado Resort.... Read more