- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Millicent Rogers Museum
Millicent Rogers Museum Review
More than 5,000 pieces of spectacular Native American and Hispanic art, many of them from the private collection of the late Standard Oil heiress Millicent Rogers, are on display here. Among the pieces are baskets, blankets, rugs, kachina dolls, carvings, paintings, rare religious artifacts, and, most significantly, jewelry (Rogers, a fashion icon in her day, was one of the first Americans to appreciate the turquoise-and-silver artistry of Native American jewelers). Other important works include the pottery and ceramics of Maria Martinez and other potters from San Ildefonso Pueblo (23 mi north of Santa Fe). Docents conduct guided tours by appointment, and the museum hosts lectures, films, workshops, and demonstrations. The two-room gift shop has exceptional jewelry, rugs, books, and pottery.
- Address: 1504 Millicent Rogers Rd., ; from Taos Plaza head north on Paseo del Pueblo Norte and left at sign for CR BA030 (Millicent Rogers Rd.), Taos, 87571 | Map It
- Phone: 575/758-2462
- Cost: $8, 5-museum Museum Association of Taos combination ticket $25
- Hours: Daily 10--5; closed Mon. in Nov.
- Website: www.millicentrogers.com
- Location: West Side
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We are almost a wk in to our 30th home exchange, this time Santa Fe, New Mexico.
It's a trip that was planned about six months ago, with the written agreement, we would each drive to our home exchangers' Read more
4 days in a row both computers offered to guests would not function properly.
Hotel under renovation, but was not told this when I made the reservation. Was told during check-in. Daily use of jackhammers, Read more
· News & Features
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine. ... Read more
As you twitch in anticipation of the final installment of Breaking Bad, take a trip through the turbule... Read more
The Four Seasons will take over at Santa Fe's Encantado Resort.... Read more