- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Howes Cave is such a small community that you could easily miss it as you motor down Route 7. But looks can be deceiving. The small town attracts thousands of visitors each year because of its underground caves. The chiseled walls of the caverns, located more than a hundred feet below the surface, even hold an underground lake.
Howes Cave at a Glance
Elsewhere in Albany and Central New York
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $104* & up -- Flights for Next Weekend on American, R/T American Airlines