- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Turning Stone Resort & Casino has three championship golf courses. Golf Digest chose the Rick Smith course at the Shenendoah Golf Club as one of the best-conditioned courses in the United States. The 7,129-yard course was designed with nature in mind, with efforts made to preserve delicate wetlands. Robert Trent Jones Jr. designed the challenging 7,105-yard course at the Kaluhyat Golf Club, a mix of open links-style stretches and tight tree-lined fairways. The course takes advantage of the rolling landscape, so you have to place shots to remain in play; attempt the shortcut and the tall native grasses surely will make you pay with a penalty stroke.
The newest of the resort's golf offerings is the 7,314-yard Tom Fazio course at the off-property Atunyote Golf Club, designed for the long-ball hitter. But this course, too, has a variety of challenges in its stretches of open space and gentle slopes. The course includes several lakes, the largest of which runs along three fairways. Greens fees run $90-$175 for resort guests and $125-$200 for nonguests. The resort also has two 9-hole courses. 5218 Patrick Rd., Verona, NY. 800/771-7711. www.turning-stone.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Visit Albany for Less: Hotels Fr $59+/Nt Travelocity
- Look no Further! Albany Hotels Fr $87+/Nt Travelocity
- Top Vacation Sale! 4 Nts + Air as Low as $458 Travelocity
- $24.21 & up : Full Size rentals in Syracuse Hotwire
- Albany Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $111+/Nt — $111 Expedia