- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Seasonal freshwater licenses in the township of Southold cost $14 for New York State residents, $35 for nonresidents; they're available at the town hall (in the village of Southold) and local sporting-goods stores. Temporary shellfish permits cost $10.
Island Star Lines can provide rods and bait for free, if you need them, for trips on its 65-foot open fishing boat, Island Star. You can go out from May through November and bring the kids. A day ticket costs $45. Railroad Dock, 3rd St., Greenport, NY, ADD ZIP. 631/696-0936. islandstarfishing.com.
The 90-foot, 150-passenger Peconic Star II regularly offers fishing trips from May through December. Full-day rates are $80 per person and include bait and a rod and reel. Railroad Dock, 3rd St., Greenport, NY, 11772. 631/289-6899. www.peconicstar.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $108.56 & up : Full Size rentals in East Hampton Hotwire
- $94.28 & up : Midsize rentals in East Hampton — $95 Hotwire