- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hofstra University Review
The 240-acre Hofstra campus includes the Hofstra Arboretum, which basically is spread throughout the entire campus. It counts more than 8,000 trees of 425 varieties, 50 outdoor sculptures, a 2-acre bird sanctuary, and a 40-foot stone labyrinth for meditation. 516/463-6623.
The Hofstra Museum has three main spaces in which it shows paintings, drawings, photographs, sculptures, decorative arts, African and Asian artifacts, and other objects from its permanent collection: the Emily Lowe Gallery (Jun.-July, Mon.-Thurs. 10-4; rest of year, Tues.-Fri. 10-5 and weekends 1-5), in Emily Lowe Hall, and the Rochelle and Irwin A. Lowenfeld Conference and Exhibition Hall and the David Filderman Gallery, both in the main library. Temporary exhibits have covered a range of subjects from Web design to Long Island history. 516/463-5672. Free.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $108.56 & up : Full Size rentals in East Hampton Hotwire
- $94.28 & up : Midsize rentals in East Hampton — $95 Hotwire
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
We had a lot of discussion of Air BnB at times in these forums, particularly as it relates to New York City, where sublets of less than 30 days are illegal. Read more
· News & Features
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more
It happens all the time: you're just stopping in to grab one thing and the next thing you know, you've... Read more