- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Crescent Beach. The bay beach, a long sandy strip across the street from the trendy Sunset Beach restaurant, faces northeast and is especially popular at sunset. It has picnic tables and restrooms. Island lodging properties have parking permits for guests; otherwise, contact the town clerk to get one. Shore Rd. off W. Neck Rd., Shelter Island, NY, 11964. 631/749-1166. Weekly parking $35 (Memorial Day-Labor Day).
Wades Beach. The shallow, sandy beach, on the island's south side, has picnic tables, restrooms, and a lifeguard. Locals comb the beach's salt-marsh area for clams and crab. Island lodging properties have parking permits for guests, or contact the town clerk for one. Heron La. off Shorewood Rd., Shelter Island, NY, 11964. 631/749-1166. Weekly parking $35 (Memorial Day-Labor Day).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $94.28 & up : Midsize rentals in East Hampton Hotwire
- $108.56 & up : Full Size rentals in East Hampton — $109 Hotwire