- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Cooper's Beach. For a fee, you can stretch out on the sand of this Southampton Village beach, studying the sea in one direction and historic mansions—including Calvin Klein's massive manse (the one with the turrets)—in the other. Facilities include lifeguards (9-5 daily from Memorial Day through Labor Day), restrooms, outdoor showers, and a snack bar. 268 Meadow Lane, Southampton, NY, 11968. 631/283-0247. www.southamptonvillage.org. Memorial Day-Labor Day $25 weekdays, $30 weekends.
Ponquogue Beach. This beach, a 15-minute drive west of Southampton Village and at the end of Ponquogue Bridge, has lifeguards, changing and shower facilities, and a snack bar. Dune Rd., Hampton Bays, NY, 11946. 631/728-8585. www.town.southampton.ny.us. $20 (late June-mid-Sept.).
Pay close attention to Southampton village parking signs. Village beaches require parking permits and the police strictly enforce these rules.
More Sports and Outdoors
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $108.56 & up : Full Size rentals in East Hampton Hotwire
- $94.28 & up : Midsize rentals in East Hampton — $95 Hotwire