- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- supercentral for SoHo nightlife
- good gym
- some rooms have balconies
- not family-oriented
- no pets allowed
Check Rates from our Partners
60 Thompson Review
It may no longer be the center of the universe, scene-wise, but that's been a blessing for guests at 60 Thompson, improving the service and toning down the attitude of hotel staffers. This was the first of the Thompson hotels in New York and it might still be the gold standard. Kittichai, the chic Thai restaurant on the ground floor, has patio dining, a gold-suffused bar, and good-looking servers. The rooftop lounge, A60, remains a guests- and members-only warm-weather haven for hipsters. Thom bar, the second-floor lobby, is a dark space filled with contemporary art, great for whiling away an evening. Rooms have a dramatic, spare design; the generous use of dark woods and full-wall leather headboards give the rooms welcoming warmth.
- Address: 60 Thompson St., between Broome and Spring Sts., SoHo, New York, NY, 10012 | Map It
- Phone: 212/431-0400; 877/431-0400
- Website: www.thompsonhotels.com
- Subway: C, E to Spring St.
- Location: SoHo
- 100 rooms, 10 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $104* & up -- Flights for Next Weekend on American, R/T American Airlines
- $191-$239 -- NYC: Hotel near Times Square incl. Holidays Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
- $191-$239 -- Midtown Manhattan Hotel incl. Fourth of July Courtyard New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue
- $1099 & up -- 7-Night Transatlantic Cruise, UK to NYC American Express Travel
- $17.79 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
www.reallifeegypt.com We can offer you private, more personal tours in Luxor, Cairo and Aswan with you own guide and air-con transport. We specialise in providing tours for couples and small, family groups Read more
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
An acquaintance of mine will travel during the summer, from Hungary to the U.S., will land at JFK and from there will have to get to Tarrytown. This is the plan I provided with her, as the shortest, easiest, Read more
· News & Features
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines. ... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more