- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park
At a Glance
- excellent service
- best base for downtown exploring
- pet- and kid-friendly
- Liberty views
- removed from Midtown tourist sights
- limited nighttime activities
- few neighborhood options for dining and entertainment
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park Review
If you're staying this far downtown, the Ritz is your top choice. The hotel provides the classic Ritz-Carlton experience—you'll be greeted by at least one staffer each time you walk into the lobby—and the large rooms boast sweeping views of the New York harbor. West-facing rooms, with views of the Statue of Liberty, come with telescopes. The neighborhood is very quiet, especially at night, so you won't get much of a feel for the buzz of NYC. There's steakhouse fare at 2 West and a spa with French Carita products.
Situated in lower Manhattan along the peaceful waterfront, this classic Ritz-Carlton hotel provides big rooms with serene views. Guests can cocoon themselves in featherbeds while ordering 24-hour room service. The staff also offers a bath butler who will fill your tub with anything from rose petals to rubber duckies. A full-service spa keeps the public space just as pampering.
- Address: 2 West St., at Battery Park, TriBeCa, New York, NY, 10004 | Map It
- Phone: 212/344-0800; 800/241-3333
- Website: www.ritzcarlton.com/batterypark
- Subway: 1, R, J to Rector St.
- Location: TriBeCa
- 259 rooms, 39 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $59* & up -- Fares from 64 U.S. Cities into September, e/w Frontier Airlines
- $179 -- NYC: Weekends at Times Square Hotel, 40% Off The Milford NYC
- $175-$199 -- NYC: Hotel near Times Square incl. Holidays Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
- $1099 & up -- 7-Night Transatlantic Cruise, UK to NYC American Express Travel
- $20.95 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
I'm flying into JFK on May 24 to spend Memorial Day weekend playing tourist with my sister. Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more