- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- all suites have kitchens
- good service
- on-site fitness facilities
- cramped lobby
- small bathrooms
- expensive Wi-Fi
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
The Alex Review
Often overlooked in a part of the city that's heavy with office buildings, the Alex is a sleek little oasis of style on Manhattan's East Side. This David Rockwell-designed property is all about the brand names, especially in the suites. You'll see Sub-Zero fridges, Poggenpohl cabinets, and kitchenettes with Gaggenau stove tops and Miele dishwashers. All guest rooms and suites have flat-screen TVs, including one in the bathroom, and the posh beds come with Frette linens and hypoallergenic pillows. The result is quiet, calm rooms—only the subpar views could be said to intrude. The Atrium restaurant serves three meals a day and also provides room service.
- Address: 205 E. 45th St., between 2nd and 3rd Aves., Midtown East, New York, NY, 10017 | Map It
- Phone: 212/867-5100
- Website: www.thealexhotel.com
- Subway: 4, 5, 6, 7, S to 42nd St./Grand Central.
- Location: Midtown East
- 73 rooms, 130 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $179 -- NYC: Weekends at Times Square Hotel, 40% Off The Milford NYC
- $191-$239 -- NYC: Hotel near Times Square incl. Holidays Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
- $1099 & up -- 7-Night Transatlantic Cruise, UK to NYC American Express Travel
- $17.79 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
www.reallifeegypt.com We can offer you private, more personal tours in Luxor, Cairo and Aswan with you own guide and air-con transport. We specialise in providing tours for couples and small, family groups Read more
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
We are coming to New York in August with 2 kids 15 and 12 flying into Newark int.
I was wondering where should we stay - near newark or in nyc near the sites. we want to do the usual i think, stateu Read more
· News & Features
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more