- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Five Points Review
Describing a menu in terms of "seasonal" and "market-driven" might be old news but chef Marc Meyer really makes the most of the greenmarket, and showcases it in a cozy, convivial dining room. Expect plump chilled oysters, exemplary Caesar salad, and splendid house-made pasta, followed by the likes of pan-seared day-boat halibut with cucumber gazpacho and chopped tomato salsa, and grilled baby lamb chops with rosemary potatoes, mint-yogurt sauce, and black-olive-stuffed tomato. Weekend brunch is one of the best in the city, and prices are quite friendly. Weekday lunch is served, too, usually without the wait that hungry stomachs have come to expect at other times.
- Address: 31 Great Jones St., between Lafayette and Bowery, East Village, New York, NY, 10012-1178 | Map It
- Phone: 212/253-5700
- Website: www.fivepointsrestaurant.com
- Subway: 6 to Bleecker St.; B, D, F, M to Broadway--Lafayette St.
- Location: East Village
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $179 -- NYC: Weekends at Times Square Hotel, 40% Off The Milford NYC
- $175-$199 -- NYC: Hotel near Times Square incl. Holidays Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
- $1099 & up -- 7-Night Transatlantic Cruise, UK to NYC American Express Travel
- $20.95 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
- $38.50 -- Percussive Troupe 'Stomp' in NYC, Reg. $78 'Stomp'
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
so i'm going to NYC in june and i'm coming in through penn station and going to be going to 373 fifth avenue around 3 pm and i was wondering how hard it would be to get a cab to the hotel from penn station. Read more
· News & Features
Montenegro is heating up, and for good reason. ... Read more
You're all ready to go to Disney—the kids are packed, you've got good walking shoes.... Read more
Love 'em?... Read more