- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Gramercy Park Hotel Review
Ian Schrager, boutique hotelier extraordinaire, decorated this property with contemporary art by the likes of Andy Warhol and Jean-Michel Basquiat. The lobby has a chic, hushed quality but upstairs, rooms go for fabulousness over comfort, with draped velvet, studded leather, and very red drapes. Try for a view overlooking Gramercy Park if you can swing it; staffers will also let you in the gated private park on request. Maialino, Danny Meyer's Roman trattoria, has been a hit since day one; use your hotel connections to snag a reservation. The rooftop garden, renamed Gramercy Terrace, has a retractable roof 17 stories above the city and serves breakfast, lunch, and weekend brunch. The Rose Bar remains exclusive, with access only if you're a guest or if you've made a reservation.
This boutique hotel embraces a spirit of high bohemia mixed with rock-and-roll baroque, a concept created by Ian Schrager and designed by painter and director Julian Schnabel. Dark-red velvet couches and chandeliers grace the lobby, where Picassos hang above fireplaces. Candles set on tables detailed with studs, richly carpeted rooms, and leather high-back chairs create drama that's not overdone.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $179 -- NYC: Weekends at Times Square Hotel, 40% Off The Milford NYC
- $191-$239 -- NYC: Hotel near Times Square incl. Holidays Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
- $1099 & up -- 7-Night Transatlantic Cruise, UK to NYC American Express Travel
- $17.79 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
Aloha to all of you,
as we - meaning my better half and I (both in our late twenties) - are planning a four week trip to the east coast of the US, I'd love to hear some suggestions regarding our itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more