- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Check Rates from our Partners
The Bowery Hotel Review
The Bowery Hotel is like an English hunting lodge in Manhattan, warmed by rich tapestries, fireplaces, and chandeliers—and there's no shortage of Brits, who flock to the property; the only thing missing is a trusty hound. The mood created by the red-coated doormen, clubby bar, and trendy address makes this one of the hottest hotels—or lobbies, at least—of the moment. Sadly, rooms upstairs don't maintain the richness of the lobby: they're simple, with floor-to-ceiling industrial-style "factory windows" and Manhattan views. Rooms and suites with terraces have an outdoor shower and lounge chairs for relaxation with a city view. Gemma restaurant fronts the hotel and is a popular weekday dinner/weekend brunch spot.
Bowery Hot Spot
A lonely outpost on the Bowery when it opened a few years ago, the Bowery Hotel is now smack dab in the middle of some of the East Village's best nightlife. The after-hours theme continues inside, where the hotel mimics the feel of an English gentleman's club with leather couches and a roaring (if faux) fireplace. But instead of ascot-clad gentlemen, you'll find stylish young jetsetters traipsing through the Bowery's lounge and outdoor patio bar. Gemma, the expansive and cozy Italian restaurant that's part of the hotel, completes the Bowery's insular, yet cushy vibe.
- Address: 335 Bowery, at 3rd St., East Village, New York, NY, 10002 | Map It
- Phone: 212/505-9100
- Website: www.theboweryhotel.com
- Subway: 6 to Bleecker; B, D, F, M to Broadway/Lafayette.
- Location: East Village
- 135 rooms, 25 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $179 -- NYC: Weekends at Times Square Hotel, 40% Off The Milford NYC
- $175-$199 -- NYC: Hotel near Times Square incl. Holidays Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
- $1099 & up -- 7-Night Transatlantic Cruise, UK to NYC American Express Travel
- $17.79 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
Thanks in advance to all the people here who helped in the planning of this - both last year and this year! Read more
· News & Features
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more
Steinbeck said it well—no matter how many plans you make, its the destination that scoops you up... Read more