- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- beautiful building
- beautiful people
- impressive restaurant space
- noisy at night
- tight rooms
- can be too sceney
Check Rates from our Partners
The Standard Review
André Balazs's architectural statement on the West Side is still one of New York's hottest hotels. It helps to have the High Line Park running underneath it, but the Standard earns much of the buzz in its own right, with a lobby full of glamorous types, an authentic beer garden (open year-round; dig the Ping Pong tables), and the 18th-floor nightclub that is one of the toughest doors in town. Rooms, with low platform beds, are on the small side (even by New York standards) but floor-to-ceiling windows add a sense of space. Some rooms have showers separated from the bedroom by little more than a glass partition. As you'd expect in a space (and neighborhood) that's so sceney, it can get loud at night. The Standard Grill restaurant, which is almost always packed, handles room service.
- Address: 848 Washington St., between W. 13th and Little W. 12th Sts., Meatpacking District, New York, NY, 10014 | Map It
- Phone: 212/645-4646
- Website: www.standardhotels.com
- Subway: A, C, E, L to 14th St. and 8th Ave.
- Location: Meatpacking District
- 321 rooms, 4 suites, 13 studios.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $179 -- NYC: Weekends at Times Square Hotel, 40% Off The Milford NYC
- $191-$239 -- NYC: Hotel near Times Square incl. Holidays Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
- $1099 & up -- 7-Night Transatlantic Cruise, UK to NYC American Express Travel
- $17.79 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
Aloha to all of you,
as we - meaning my better half and I (both in our late twenties) - are planning a four week trip to the east coast of the US, I'd love to hear some suggestions regarding our itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more