- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Über-restaurateur Drew Neiporent transformed the former Montrachet space into a spare, elegant dining room, the perfect stage for whiz-kid chef Paul Liebrandt's understated, mildly experimental cuisine. The walls are decorated with subtle white trompe-l'oeil designs of cherry blossoms and birds, but the real adornment is on the plate, where Liebrandt transports diners with dishes like his "from the garden" composition: an assemblage of nearly 20 vegetable components that redefines what produce can do. Heirloom eggs are presented at the table in a basket, then spirited back to the kitchen for a slow poach before being served with trumpet mushrooms and serrano gelee. Desserts include chocolate tart with grapefruit and hazelnuts. The well-curated wine list has a cost-conscious selection of "country French" bottles.
- Address: 239 W. Broadway, between Walker and White Sts., TriBeCa, New York, NY, 10013 | Map It
- Phone: 212/219-2777
- Website: www.cortonnyc.com
- Subway: 1 to Franklin St., A, C, E to Canal St.
- Location: TriBeCa
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. No lunch.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $179 -- NYC: Weekends at Times Square Hotel, 40% Off The Milford NYC
- $191-$239 -- NYC: Hotel near Times Square incl. Holidays Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
- $1099 & up -- 7-Night Transatlantic Cruise, UK to NYC American Express Travel
- $17.79 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
Aloha to all of you,
as we - meaning my better half and I (both in our late twenties) - are planning a four week trip to the east coast of the US, I'd love to hear some suggestions regarding our itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more