- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- hip design
- cavernous closet space
- great service
- scene-making restaurant and bar
- limited budget dining options in neighborhood
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
The Mark Review
If you took every Upper East Side real estate fantasy and condensed it into a modern hotel, you'd come up with the Mark, the perfect representation of uptown panache infused with a healthy dose of downtown chic. Almost immediately after undergoing an extensive renovation and reopening in 2009, the hotel began giving the neighborhood's top properties a run for their money (and money you will need—the Mark is pricey). The hotel sparkles from top to bottom, from the striped marble floors and modernist furnishings in the lobby to the cow-print upholstery in the chic bar just off the entrance. Rooms are opulently appointed in very modern style, with plush Italian linens, Sub-Zero freezers for ice, and more closet space than most New York City apartments. Bathrooms feature opulent marble floors, decadent sunken tubs, and enough towels to dry a small nation. There's a state-of-the-art gym and a posh Frederic Fekkai salon for blowouts and benefit-worthy color jobs. The hotel restaurant, the Mark by Jean Georges Vongerichten, has become a bona-fide destination for well-heeled locals and neighborhood visitors alike.
- Address: 25 E. 77th St., at Madison Ave., Upper East Side, New York, NY, 10075 | Map It
- Phone: 212/744-4300
- Website: www.themarkhotel.com
- Subway: 6 to 77th St./Lexington Ave.
- Location: Upper East Side
- 100 rooms, 50 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $104* & up -- Flights for Next Weekend on American, R/T American Airlines
- $191-$239 -- NYC: Hotel near Times Square incl. Holidays Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
- $191-$239 -- Midtown Manhattan Hotel incl. Fourth of July Courtyard New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue
- $1099 & up -- 7-Night Transatlantic Cruise, UK to NYC American Express Travel
- $17.79 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
www.reallifeegypt.com We can offer you private, more personal tours in Luxor, Cairo and Aswan with you own guide and air-con transport. We specialise in providing tours for couples and small, family groups Read more
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
An acquaintance of mine will travel during the summer, from Hungary to the U.S., will land at JFK and from there will have to get to Tarrytown. This is the plan I provided with her, as the shortest, easiest, Read more
· News & Features
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines. ... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more