- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Chatwal New York
At a Glance
- gorgeous lobby
- state-of-the-art room controls and amenities
- excellent service
- expensive—some visitors may find justifying such high prices for a Times Square locale difficult
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
The Chatwal New York Review
A lavishly refurbished reincarnation of a classic Manhattan theater club that lay fallow for decades, the Chatwal New York delivers the luxury experience in style, with the price tag to match. The current architectural style plays on the property's Art Deco legacy with a lobby saturated in red leather and marble, with gilded touches. There's also a compact, stunningly appointed bar with cocktails by mixology guru Sasha Petraske. Guest rooms and suites—some with terraces—are opulent yet understated with distinctive furniture such as cabinets wrapped in faux leather designed to resemble classic luggage. Beds feature renowned Shifman mattresses and Frette linens, and interactive consoles contained within bedside telephones mean you barely have to move to control lighting, television, and curtains. The Lamb's Club restaurant in the lobby, with a roaring fireplace, plush leather banquettes, and seasonal New American cuisine is a destination in its own right. The small, well-appointed Red Door Spa features three treatment rooms and a laundry list of pampering treatments.
- Address: 130 W. 44th St., between 5th and 6th Aves., Midtown West, New York, NY, 10036 | Map It
- Phone: 212/764-6200
- Website: www.thechatwalny.com
- Subway: B, D, F, M, 7 to 42nd St./Bryant Park.
- Location: Midtown West
- 50 rooms, 26 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $179 -- NYC: Weekends at Times Square Hotel, 40% Off The Milford NYC
- $175-$199 -- NYC: Hotel near Times Square incl. Holidays Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
- $1099 & up -- 7-Night Transatlantic Cruise, UK to NYC American Express Travel
- $17.79 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
Thanks in advance to all the people here who helped in the planning of this - both last year and this year! Read more
· News & Features
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more
Steinbeck said it well—no matter how many plans you make, its the destination that scoops you up... Read more