- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Mondrian Soho Review
Snazzy style and a chic SoHo vibe make the Mondrian a winner for anyone looking for a real downtown New York experience. The most basic rooms are small, but with the blue and white color scheme, mirrored surfaces, and floor-to-ceiling windows, the design helps overcome space concerns. Little touches help, like outlets in the bedside tables, and an iPad in each room that can be used to control the temperature, order food, or surf the Internet. Downstairs, the public spaces are among the nicest in the neighborhood, with a beautiful arched passageway lined with ivy and sparkling lights serving as the entrance, a pebbled garden with a swing to sit in, and a bright lobby with curvy, cushy blue velvet chairs.
Mondrian's Work of Art
Sure, the hotel takes inspiration from a Cocteau film La Belle et La Bete but all you really need to know is that this newest property from the Morgans Hotel Group packs a hefty design wallop into not very much space. Basic rooms are masterpieces of optical illusion, from floor-to-ceiling windows, mirrored surfaces, and a stark white and blue color scheme that gives the hotel a Soho-by-way-of-Nice feel. Temperatures are controlled via in-room iPads, while down in the lobby, the vibe is something like a space age tea parlor, with oversized curving wing chairs and cozy booths.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $179 -- NYC: Weekends at Times Square Hotel, 40% Off The Milford NYC
- $175-$199 -- NYC: Hotel near Times Square incl. Holidays Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
- $1099 & up -- 7-Night Transatlantic Cruise, UK to NYC American Express Travel
- $20.95 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
- $38.50 -- Percussive Troupe 'Stomp' in NYC, Reg. $78 'Stomp'
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
I had not been in NYC for a few months and find bus ticket purchasing and use has changed. Read more
· News & Features
We're sure your friends' Instagram photos of their puppies are super cute, but Brad Tully's animal snaps ... Read more
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more