- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- neighborhood-y location
- free Wi-Fi and generous breakfast
- far from many tourist sights except Museum Mile
- small rooms
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
The Franklin Review
The best luxury boutique hotel north of 57th Street, the Franklin, in a nine-story town house, is a gem nestled in a decidedly residential neighborhood. Though quite small, rooms are well appointed with name-brand knickknacks, including Bulgari toiletries, iHome stations, free Wi-Fi, and Frette linens. The lobby feels comfortable and lived-in, with newspapers laid out on comfortable couches and a free 24-hour cappuccino machine behind it. The generous complimentary breakfast uses a local bakery for all goods, and the hotel hosts a wine-and-cheese reception on weekday evenings. You can meet (sweaty) locals using a comp pass to the nearby New York Sports Club.
- Address: 164 E. 87th St., between Lexington and 3rd Aves., Upper East Side, New York, NY, 10128 | Map It
- Phone: 212/369-1000; 800/607-4009
- Website: www.franklinhotel.com
- Subway: 4, 5, 6 to 86th St.
- Location: Upper East Side
- 50 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $179 -- NYC: Weekends at Times Square Hotel, 40% Off The Milford NYC
- $191-$239 -- NYC: Hotel near Times Square incl. Holidays Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
- $1099 & up -- 7-Night Transatlantic Cruise, UK to NYC American Express Travel
- $17.79 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
Aloha to all of you,
as we - meaning my better half and I (both in our late twenties) - are planning a four week trip to the east coast of the US, I'd love to hear some suggestions regarding our itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more