- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Standard East Village
At a Glance
- stylish rooms
- central location
- out of character with the area
- restaurant seems constantly in flux
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Standard East Village Review
A jarring, 21-story glass-and-steel finger rising up in the low-rise East Village, this hotel was never going to pass under the radar—and that's guaranteed now that André Balasz and company have taken over. The Standard East Village goes for casual chic: there are no check-in desks, just reservation agents positioned to meet guests as they walk in the door. The lobby is lined with cushy leather chairs and hundreds of books from nonprofit Housing Works (available for purchase, with proceeds going to that charity). Thanks to floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the eponymous square, rooms are filled with sunlight. Thoughtful amenities include three different kinds of robes—even one for your dog—as well as a well-stocked minibar. There's no gym in the hotel, but you can use the New York Health and Racquet across the square for free.
- Address: 25 Cooper Sq., between E. 5th and E. 6th Sts., East Village, New York, NY, 10003 | Map It
- Phone: 212/475-5700
- Website: www.standardhotels.com/eastvillage
- Subway: 6 to Astor Pl.; R to 8th. St./NYU.
- Location: East Village
- 141 rooms, 4 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $59* & up -- Fares from 64 U.S. Cities into September, e/w Frontier Airlines
- $179 -- NYC: Weekends at Times Square Hotel, 40% Off The Milford NYC
- $175-$199 -- NYC: Hotel near Times Square incl. Holidays Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
- $1099 & up -- 7-Night Transatlantic Cruise, UK to NYC American Express Travel
- $20.95 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
I'm flying into JFK on May 24 to spend Memorial Day weekend playing tourist with my sister. Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more