- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
One of the world's glass centers, Corning has an appropriate nickname: Crystal City. The Corning Museum of Glass, housing the world's largest collection of glass art, is one of New York State's major tourist attractions. The town's restored 19th-century buildings along Market Street, Corning's main commercial strip in the Historic Gaffer District, has interesting storefronts and restaurants and is also worth a visit.
Corning at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Finger Lakes
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $104* & up -- Flights for Next Weekend on American, R/T American Airlines