- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Ithaca is served by one small airport, 5 mi northeast of town. Flying into Syracuse is an option. The nearest interstate highway is Interstate 81 (the route to Syracuse), about 20 mi east of town. Getting to Ithaca by car means at least 20 mi of driving along rural state routes. Greyhound and Trailways serve Ithaca and the city has a bus system, but a car by far is the best way to get around.
Ithaca Tompkins Regional Airport. 72 Brown Rd., ; north of Rte. 13, 4½ mi northeast of downtown, Ithaca, NY, 14850. 607/257-0456. www.flyithaca.com.
Adirondack, Pine Hill, and New York Trailways (800/776-7548, 800/225-6815, or 800/858-8555 www.trailwaysny.com). Greyhound. 800/231-2222. www.greyhound.com.
Cayuga Medical Center at Ithaca. 101 Harris B. Dates Dr., Ithaca, NY. 607/274-4011. www.cayugamed.org.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $87.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Syracuse Hotwire
- Book in Syracuse Fr $75+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $10/night less
- Rochester on Sale! 7 Nts + Air as Low as $595 Travelocity
- $38.57 & up : Compact rentals in Ithaca Hotwire
- $102.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Syracuse — $102 Hotwire