- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Surrounded by gentle hills, this small village sits at the southern end of Canandaigua Lake. It's a haven for artists as well as a favorite with visitors, who appreciate the spectacular scenery, especially in fall when the foliage is bursting with color. The village dates from 1789, and you can see several early landmarks here. These include the Memorial Town Hall, built in 1872 as a tribute to those who fought in the Civil War; a pioneer cemetery with graves of Revolutionary War veterans; and the 1850 Old Red Mill, which now houses the town historian's vast collection. Home to Widmer Wine Cellars, the community is famous for its grape pie and prides itself on all things grape. Even the fire hydrants here are painted purple.
Naples at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Finger Lakes
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $104* & up -- Flights for Next Weekend on American, R/T American Airlines