- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Watkins Glen International Raceway
Watkins Glen International Raceway Review
"New York's Thunder Road" rumbles from June to September. The season's highlight is the NASCAR Series, in mid-August. On a Thunder Road Tour ($25; May-October, most days at noon), you drive the track in your own vehicle behind a pace car. Call for schedules and prices. You can get tickets, souvenirs, and merchandise at The Shop, at 4 North Franklin Street, downtown.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Special deal: 3-Star Courtyard by Marriott Ithaca Fr $235+/Nt Expedia
- Starting Fr $96: Great Syracuse Price Save with Hotels.com, $15/night less
- Save on Your Vacation: 8 Nts Red Roof Inn Syracuse + Air Fr $748 Travelocity
- $19.95 & up : Economy rentals in Syracuse Hotwire
- Save in Ithaca: Book 3 Nts in May at Comfort Inn Fr $190+/Nt — $190 Expedia
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
We are coming to New York in August with 2 kids 15 and 12 flying into Newark int.
I was wondering where should we stay - near newark or in nyc near the sites. we want to do the usual i think, stateu Read more