- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Highland Park Review
Established in 1888, this was Rochester's first public park. Site of the hugely popular Lilac Festival, Highland Park has more than 500 varieties of lilacs. Walking paths crisscross the park and lead to a reservoir that provides an unobstructed view for miles to the south.
The Lamberton Conservatory, built in 1911, houses arid desert species and lush tropical vegetation. It's incredibly popular on snowy winter days. 180 Reservoir Ave. 585/753-7270. $3. Daily 10-4.
At the corner of Mt. Hope and Reservoir avenues, a block west of the Lamberton Conservatory, is the squat Warner Castle. Headquarters of the Rochester Civic Garden Center, it has art exhibits and educational materials about gardening. 585/473-5130. www.rcgc.org. $1 donation. Tues.-Thurs. 9-4.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $104* & up -- Flights for Next Weekend on American, R/T American Airlines
www.reallifeegypt.com We can offer you private, more personal tours in Luxor, Cairo and Aswan with you own guide and air-con transport. We specialise in providing tours for couples and small, family groups Read more
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
An acquaintance of mine will travel during the summer, from Hungary to the U.S., will land at JFK and from there will have to get to Tarrytown. This is the plan I provided with her, as the shortest, easiest, Read more