- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Rochester lies north of the Interstate 90 New York State Thruway. Auxiliary highways that lead into the city are Interstate 590, Interstate 490, and Interstate 390. Downtown, Interstate 490 becomes the Inner Loop, a beltway surrounding the city center. Rochester's Amtrak station and main bus terminal are downtown; the airport is southwest of downtown. Megabus drops off passengers at Eastview Mall, southeast of downtown. A car is essential for getting around the city.
Rochester International Airport. 1200 Brooks Ave., Rochester, NY, 14624. 585/753-7000. www.monroecounty.gov.
Adirondack, Pine Hill, and New York Trailways (800/776-7548, 800/225-6815, or 800/858-8555 www.trailwaysny.com). Greyhound. 800/231-2222. www.greyhound.com.
Megabus. 877/462-6342. www.megabus.com.
Highland Hospital. 1000 South Ave., Rochester, NY, 14620. 585/473-2200. www.urmc.rochester.edu/hh.
Amtrak. 800/872-7245. www.amtrak.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book the John Milton Inn 3 Nts in May Fr $58+/Nt Save with Expedia, $28/night less
- Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690 in May: $168 & Up Expedia
- Super Savings on Rochester 7 Nts Htl + Air Fr $785 Travelocity
- $19.95 & up : Economy rentals in Syracuse Hotwire
- May deal: BEST WESTERN The Inn at the Fairgrounds Fr $108+/Nt — $108 Expedia