- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sebago Cabin Camp
Sebago Cabin Camp Review
Rustic cabins, built in the 1930s, offer a step up from tent camping on the grounds by Lake Sebago in Harriman State Park. Ranging from two to four bedrooms (each with two military cots), the cabins have heat, electricity, refrigerators, and hot plates, but no running water. Bathrooms are communal. Also available are two furnished cottages with private bathrooms and full kitchens. The site has swimming, tennis courts, rowboat rentals, and a recreation hall with kids' activities. From late June through August, rentals are by the week only. To get here take Exit 16, Lake Welch Drive, off the Palisades Parkway.
- Address: Seven Lakes Dr., off Lake Welch Drive, Harriman State Park, NY, 10911 | Map It
- Phone: 845/351-2360 information; 800/456-2267 reservations
- Website: www.nysparks.com
- Location: Harriman and Bear Mountain State Parks
- 36 cabins with shared baths, 2 cottages.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed early-Oct.--mid-Apr.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $179 -- NYC: Weekends at Times Square Hotel, 40% Off The Milford NYC
- $175-$199 -- NYC: Hotel near Times Square incl. Holidays Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
- $1099 & up -- 7-Night Transatlantic Cruise, UK to NYC American Express Travel
- $20.95 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
- $191-$239 -- Midtown Manhattan Hotel incl. Fourth of July — $191-$239 Courtyard New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
I'm flying into JFK on May 24 to spend Memorial Day weekend playing tourist with my sister. Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more