- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Reynolds Park Golf Course. This is the elder statesman of local links: a public course designed by Ellis Maples, which opened in 1940. The final hole tests any player's stamina: there's a 425-yard fairway that ends on an elevated green. 2391 Reynolds Park Rd., Winston-Salem, NC, 27107. 336/650-7660. 336/650-7664. 18 holes. 6379 yds. Par 71. Green Fee: $29-$33. Facilities: Driving range, putting green, golf carts, rental clubs, pro shop, golf academy/lessons.
Tanglewood Park Golf Club. In addition to Tanglewood Park's Reynolds Course, there's the Championship Course, which was long home to the Vantage Championship. Both courses were designed by Robert Trent Jones in the mid-'50s, and both feature pine-lined fairways (narrower on the Reynolds course) and lakes that come into play several times. U.S. 158 off I-40, Clemmons, NC, 27012. 336/778-6320. www.tanglewoodpark.org. 3 18-hole courses. Reynolds: 6086 yds. Championship: 6637 yds. Reynolds: Par 72. Championship: Par 72. Green Fee: $26-$48. Facilities: 2 driving ranges, golf carts, rental clubs, pro shop, golf academy/lessons, restaurant, bar.
More Sports and Outdoors
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $135 & up -- Charlotte, N.C.: Posh Uptown Hotel, $200 Off The Westin Charlotte
- $104* & up -- Flights for Next Weekend on American, R/T — $104 American Airlines