- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fat Daddy crab cakes, rolled in potato chips then fried and served with pineapple jalapeño salsa, is one of the more creative signature dishes at Breakwater. You also get more standard seafood options, such as shrimp lightly breaded and fried or broiled with white wine and butter, as well as Filet Oscar with crab and sauce bearnaise. The restaurant sits atop Oden's Dock. Given the casual nature of life here, Breakwater stands out with tables dressed in white linen. The dining room is a bit small, but waiting for a table in comfortable chairs on the deck overlooking Pamlico Sound is not a chore.
- Address: Waterfront, Rte. 12, 57896 N.C. Hwy. 12, Hatteras Village, NC, 27943 | Map It
- Phone: 252/986-2733
- Website: www.odensdock.com
- Location: Hatteras Island
- Reservations not accepted.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun.--Wed. Labor Day--Memorial Day. No lunch.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $104* & up -- Flights for Next Weekend on American, R/T American Airlines
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
My family visits the Outer Banks of North Carolina on a fairly regular basis in the summer and fall. Read more
Two of us will be embarking on a road trip in mid December. Read more
· News & Features
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips. ... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more