- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Biltmore Village Review
Across from the main entrance to the Biltmore Estate, Biltmore Village is a highly walkable collection of restored English village-style houses dating from the turn of the 20th century, along with some newer buildings designed to blend with the original architecture. Stroll the brick sidewalks and tree-lined streets and visit antiques stores, clothing and jewelry shops, art galleries, and restaurants.
All Souls Cathedral. One of the most beautiful churches in America, All Souls Espiscopal Cathedral was designed by Richard Morris Hunt following the traditional Greek Cross plan and inspired by abbey churches in Northern England. It opened in 1896. 9 Swan St., 28805. 828/274-2681. www.allsoulscathedral.org. Free. Daily, hrs vary.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $169 -- Luxe North Carolina Hotel near Biltmore, $50 Off Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
My family visits the Outer Banks of North Carolina on a fairly regular basis in the summer and fall. Read more
Does anybody have any recommendations for land and water activities in Key West? Read more
· News & Features
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more