Sights & Attractions in The North Carolina Mountains
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sights & Attractions The North Carolina Mountains
|A-B C-D E-I J-M N-S T-Z « Prev |  Next »|
Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site
This is the farm to which the famed poet and Lincoln biographer...
|Houses / Mansions||Flat Rock|
Chimney Rock Park
At the 5,200-acre Chimney Rock State Park, an elevator travels...
|Parks||Chimney Rock and Lake Lure|
Cradle of Forestry in America
The home of the first forestry school in the United States is...
|Historic Districts / Sites, Forests||Brevard|
At Blue Ridge Parkway Mile Marker 364, at 5,500 to 6,000 feet...
|Gardens / Arboretums||Blue Ridge Parkway|
West of Highlands via US Hwy. 64 toward Franklin, the Cullasaja...
|Geological Sites, Scenic Drives||Highlands|
Daniel Boone Native Gardens
On 6 acres adjacent to the Horn in the West amphitheater, Daniel...
|Gardens / Arboretums||Boone|
DuPont State Forest
Between Hendersonville and Brevard you'll find this 10,000-acre...
|« Prev |  Next »|
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $169 -- Luxe North Carolina Hotel near Biltmore, $50 Off Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville