When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
When to Go
Western North Carolina is a four-season destination. Dates for high season vary from hotel to hotel, but generally it's from Memorial Day through early November. It's most difficult to get a hotel reservation, especially on weekends, in October, which is peak leaf-peeping time. Mid-June to mid-August draws a lot of families, since kids are out of school. Around ski resorts, winter, especially the Christmas season and the months of January and February, is prime time; elsewhere, these winter months are dead, and some hotels are closed.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $169 -- Luxe North Carolina Hotel near Biltmore, $50 Off Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville