Theodore Roosevelt National Park Feature
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Theodore Roosevelt National Park
The "Granddaddy Trail": Hike the Maah Daah Hey Trail, which means "grandfather" or "been here long." It's one of the most popular and well-maintained trails in western North Dakota.
Views from above: Get an encompassing 360-degree view of the badlands from Buck Hill.
History lessons from the frontier: View Maltese Cross Ranch Cabin, which once belonged to Theodore Roosevelt.
Badlands Broadway: Come experience a theatrical tribute to the history and personalities that make up the Old West at the Medora Musical.
Great clubbing—golf, that is: Perfect your swing at Bully Pulpit Golf Course in Medora, one of America's best courses near the national park.
Away from it all: As this is one of the most isolated parks, you'll likely encounter more wild horses than people here.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $89.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Dickinson Hotwire
- Book in Dickinson Fr $139+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $10/night less
- $87.00 & up : Full Size rentals in Dickinson Hotwire
- Ramada Grand Dakota Lodge on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $141+/Nt — $141 Expedia
- $83.00 & up : Midsize rentals in Dickinson — $83 Hotwire