Cleveland-Hopkins International Airport and Burke Lakefront Airport are the city's air traffic terminals. Hopkins receives most passengers, while Burke is known as a charter- and freight-service hub. Hopkins is located 12 mi southwest of downtown; Burke is downtown, adjacent to the lake.
The busiest times for Hopkins are between 7:30 and 9 AM and 5 and 6:30 PM. Continental Airlines maintains a hub at Hopkins and lands the majority of traffic here.
A light-rail line runs from Hopkins to downtown. It's about a 40-minute ride on the RTA, which costs $1.50. Several rental-car companies operate just north of the airport, and travelers must shuttle to the parking lots to arrange and pick up their autos. Driving from Hopkins to downtown is easy, thanks to the airport's convenient location next to I-71, which runs north-south, and I-480, the outer loop that connects the southwestern and southeastern suburbs.
Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. 5300 Riverside Dr., Cleveland, OH, 44135. 216/265-6000. www.clevelandairport.com.
American Airlines. 800/433-7300. www.aa.com.
Continental Airlines. 800/525-0280. www.continental.com.
Delta Airlines. 800/221-1212. www.delta.com.
Northwest Airlines. 800/225-2525. www.nwa.com.
Southwest Airlines. 800/435-9792. www.southwest.com.
United Airlines. 800/241-6522. www.united.com.
U.S. Airways. 800/428-4322. www.usair.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $59* & up -- Fares from 64 U.S. Cities into September, e/w Frontier Airlines