Columbus Travel Guide
Even when the rest of Ohio began to suffer industrial decline in the second half of the 20th century, Columbus grew, primarily because its economy is based on state government, education, finance and insurance, and light industry. Continued prosperity has made Columbus an attractive place to live and visit. The city is home to Ohio State University, which is the state's largest academic institution, with more than 50,000 students. Another well-known local institution is the Columbus Zoo, one of the nation's most acclaimed.
Columbus lodging is mostly Downtown and immediately to the north around the convention center, as well as around the I-270 outer belt. ...read more
Though dubbed the "Fast Food Capital of the World" by the New York Times and Wall Street Journal (Wendy's and Max & Erma's are both headquartered here)...read more
Things To Do in Columbus
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $104* & up -- Flights for Next Weekend on American, R/T American Airlines
As any Ohioan proudly proclaims, the state is the home of The Best Damn Band in the Land.... That's TBDBITL (pronounced ti-bittle), for short, and... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We (4 adults) took our quick weekend trip to Cleveland (Saturday to Monday) and had a great time - many thanks to all who contributed!
Our first stop on the journey from Detroit to Cleveland was a stop Read more
The Amtrak rail works after 11 pm until early morning at Cincinnati Union Station within Cincinnati Museum Center. Read more