Franklin Park Conservatory
Franklin Park Conservatory Review
In the middle of a 90-acre urban park about 2 mi east of Downtown, this elegant glass conservatory shelters desert, rain forest, mountain, and tropical island plant habitats. Built in 1895 and styled after London's Crystal Palace, the conservatory is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Outside, hardy bamboo and Japanese maples in the Japanese garden are part of a 28-acre botanical garden. Franklin Park Conservatory is the only public garden to have a permanent glass exhibit by artist Dale Chihuly.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $144 & Up: Cheap Columbus Stay Save with Hotels.com, $10/night less
- Book in Columbus: Save this May Fr $82+/Nt Expedia
- Super Sale! 9 Nts Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown + Air Fr $1,187 Travelocity
- $8.95 & up : Economy rentals in Columbus Hotwire
- Starting Fr $152: Great Columbus Price — $152 Hotels.com
We (4 adults) took our quick weekend trip to Cleveland (Saturday to Monday) and had a great time - many thanks to all who contributed!
Our first stop on the journey from Detroit to Cleveland was a stop Read more
The Amtrak rail works after 11 pm until early morning at Cincinnati Union Station within Cincinnati Museum Center. Read more
We are planning to visit Cedar Point on a couple of weekdays during the third week of June. Read more