- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A.R. Bowman Memorial Museum
A.R. Bowman Memorial Museum Review
A tough little stone building (it was once a bank, and banks out here needed to be tough) is the site of the museum of the Crook County Historical Society. The 1910 edifice is on the National Register of Historic Places, with the inside vault and teller cages seemingly untouched. Prominent in the museum are artifacts that define early Prineville, and recent expansion houses a research library and life-size representations of an Old West street.
- Address: 246 N. Main St., Prineville, OR, 97754 | Map It
- Phone: 541/447-3715
- Cost: Free
- Hours: Memorial Day--Labor Day, weekdays 10--5, weekends 11--4; Labor Day--Dec. and Feb.--Memorial Day, Tues.--Fri. 10--5, Sat. 11--4. Closed Jan.
- Website: www.bowmanmuseum.org
- Location: Prineville
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Visit Redmond for Less: Hotels Fr $54+/Nt Travelocity
- Redmond Savings! Book at Sleep Inn & Suites Redmond Fr $126+/Nt Expedia
- $19.95 & up : Compact rentals in Redmond Hotwire
- $81.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Redmond — $81 Hotwire
- $20.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Redmond — $21 Hotwire
This past weekend I travelled with a group of friends to Southern Oregon.- started in Eugene We travelled south on I-5 to Oakland, an old historic town. The main street consists mostly of antique stores Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
For the first time in 20+ years, The North entrance of Crater Lake NP has opened before Memorial Day.
By no means is all of the snow in the park melted. The East Rim and Pinnacles roads will remain closed, Read more
· News & Features
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more
Steinbeck said it well—no matter how many plans you make, its the destination that scoops you up... Read more