Fishing in Crater Lake National Park
Fishing is allowed in the lake, but you may find the experience frustrating—in such a massive body of water, the problem is finding the fish. Try your luck near the Cleetwood Cove boat dock, or take poles on the boat tour and fish off Wizard Island. Rainbow trout and kokanee salmon lurk in Crater Lake's aquamarine depths, and some grow to enormous sizes. You don't need a state fishing license, but to protect the lake's pristine waters use only artificial bait as opposed to live worms. Private boats are prohibited on the lake.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $69.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Klamath Falls Hotwire
- 3-Star Running Y Ranch Fr $116+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $12/night less
- $56.66 & up : Full Size rentals in Klamath Falls Hotwire
- Save in Klamath Falls: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $83+/Nt — $83 Expedia
- $51.66 & up : Midsize rentals in Klamath Falls — $52 Hotwire