Crater Lake National Park Feature
Top Reasons to Go to Crater Lake National Park
The lake: Cruise inside the caldera basin and gaze into the extraordinary sapphire blue water of the country's deepest lake.
Native land: Enjoy the rare luxury of interacting with totally unspoiled terrain.
The night sky: Billions of stars glisten in the pitch-black darkness of an unpolluted sky.
Splendid hikes: Accessible trails spool off the main roads and wind past colorful bursts of wildflowers and cascading waterfalls.
Camping at its best: Pitch a tent or pull up a motor home at Mazama Campground, a beautifully situated, guest-friendly, and well-maintained campground.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $69.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Klamath Falls Hotwire
- 3-Star Running Y Ranch Fr $116+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $12/night less
- $31.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Klamath Falls Hotwire
- Klamath Falls Savings! Book at Days Inn Klamath Falls Fr $56+/Nt — $56 Expedia
- $24.95 & up : Economy rentals in Klamath Falls — $25 Hotwire