Crater Lake National Park covers 183,224 acres. Located in southern Oregon less than 100 mi from the California border, it's surrounded by several Cascade Range forests, including the Winema and Rogue River national forests. Of the nearby towns, Medford is closest at 59 mi southwest of the park; Ashland, to the southwest, and Klamath Falls, to the south, are each approximately 90 mi from the lake, with Roseburg the farthest away at 119 mi northwest of the park.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $69.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Klamath Falls Hotwire
- 3-Star Shilo Suites Klamath Falls Fr $121+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $13/night less
- $31.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Klamath Falls Hotwire
- Small budget: Book Running Y Ranch 3 Nts in May Fr $152+/Nt — $152 Expedia
- $26.95 & up : Compact rentals in Klamath Falls — $27 Hotwire