All the overlooks along Rim Drive are accessible to those with impaired mobility, as are Crater Lake Lodge, the facilities at Rim Village, and Steel Information Center. A half-dozen accessible campsites are available at Mazama Campground.
Admission Fees and Permits
Admission to the park is $10 per vehicle, good for seven days. Backcountry campers and hikers must obtain a free wilderness permit at Rim Visitor Center or Steel Information Center for all overnight trips.
Crater Lake National Park is open 24 hours a day year-round; however, snow closes most park roadways October through June. Lodging and dining facilities usually are open from late May to mid-October. The park is located in the Pacific Time Zone.
There's an ATM at the Mazama Camper Store near the park's Annie Spring entrance station. Look for banks in nearby towns.
Mazama Camper Store (Mazama Village Rd., near Annie Spring entrance station, Crater Lake National Park, OR, 97604. 541/594-2255. Closed mid-Oct.-late May.)
Automobile Service Stations
Mazama Village (Mazama Village Rd., near Annie Spring entrance station, Crater Lake National Park, OR, 97604. 541/594-2255. Closed mid-Oct.-late May.)
Cell phone reception in the park is unreliable. You'll find public telephones at Steel Information Center, Rim Village, Crater Lake Lodge, and the Mazama Village complex.
Park Contact Information
Crater Lake National Park (P.O. Box 7, Crater Lake, OR, 97604. 541/594-3000. www.nps.gov/crla.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 3-Star Running Y Ranch Fr $116+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $12/night less
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Klamath Falls Fr $129+/Nt Expedia
- $51.66 & up : Midsize rentals in Klamath Falls Hotwire
- 3-Star Shilo Suites Klamath Falls Fr $121+/Nt — $121 Save with Hotels.com, $13/night less
- $56.66 & up : Full Size rentals in Klamath Falls — $57 Hotwire