- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Things to Do in Portland
Unleash your inner foodie. Don't miss an amazingly textured range of global delights, created with fresh, locally harvested ingredients.
Beer "hop." (Pun intended.) Thirty-five local microbrews and offbeat varieties with such names as Hallucinator, Doggie Claws, and Sock Knocker await.
Experience McMenamins. Visit one of the local chain's beautifully restored properties, such as a renovated 1915 elementary school turned hotel.
Take a stroll through Washington Park. The International Rose Test Garden, Japanese Garden, Oregon Zoo, World Forestry Center, and Children's Museum are all here.
Peruse pages at Powell's City of Books. The aisles of this city block-sized shop are filled with more than a million new and used books. Top off hours of literary wanderlust with a mocha or ginseng tea downstairs at World Cup Coffee and Tea House.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99-$149 -- Central Oregon Resort w/Mountain Views, 45% Off The Lodge at Eagle Crest